"Briefly explains where my life wants me to be. This is just me babbling. Welcome to my blog. This is Priska Paramitha speaking, btw."

Recent Posts

23 December 2009

Business

I'm confused of "what business should i run" thing. I've been staring at my computer for three days straight looking for suppliers but yet i don't know what kind of business i want to run, so that's kinda confusing.

WHAT BUSINESS I DID :

1. Garment Industry
I was selling t-shirts before and has positive feedback from my customers. It was profitable, i got at least IDR1,5 - 2mil from each project. In one month i mostly got 2 - 3 projects to run. Initial capital? IDR ZERO! Yes, ZERO. Profitable isn't it?

2. Selling Woman's Accessories
Such as earrings, bracelet, handmade necklace, etc etc. My initial capital was IDR3mil but almost no return. I don't know but i guess i was too lazy to advertise those accessories so then i rarely (literally rarely) got buyers.

3. Selling an Iconic Toy
Kaskus (the largest Indonesian forum) has this icon called "MAHO" (manusia homo). Everybody in Kaskus knows what Maho is, and almost everybody loves it, so i tried to make a toy of it, a doll to be exact. I sell it for only IDR40k ($4). It was great at the beginning but suck at the end. I ordered 50 dolls to my supplier 6 months ago n now i still have 30 dolls left and ended up giving it free to my friends.

4. Online Marketing Business
Nah.. a waste of time.

5. Worked at Prudential, an insurance company
It's a great business tho but it's just not me. I'm still interested at this business but i still have considerations. This business takes a lot of my time, i was still at univ, i didn't have that much time to give to this business.


WHAT BUSINESS I WANT TO RUN (for now, hopefully it will be permanent) :
These just popped into my head three days ago but i still have to consider it and make calculations etc etc.

1. Selling Pet Supplies
I love animals. I want to make a dog bed or dog sofa or cat condo or cat scratcher or / and dog / cat collars, leashes, shampoos, vitamins, grooming kit, etc.

2. Selling Baby Furnishing
I'm not sure about this but it's worth to try.

3. Selling Pillows
I'm comfortable around pillows so.. yeah.'

4. Selling Rattan Furnitures
:)

5. Doing F&B Industry with my BF
Opening a small f&b store sounds good.

I have to pick one x(, i can't do them all. Or can? *think.. think*


WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR RIGHT NOW :
  • Sewing Machine -- I want to learn how to sew my own pillowcase or dog beds
  • Dacron Supplier -- cheap price high quality (if possible)
  • Fabric Supplier -- such as fur fabric (velboa), cambric, etc
  • Rattan Supplier -- cheap price (almost all rattan craft in Indonesia has the same quality, they're all good, so why bother buying the expensive ones?)
  • Tailor! -- to teach me how to sew :p
  • (OOT) Dress & Shoes -- for me to wear on my best friend's surprise party on 27th, i don't have anything proper to wear. Dress code : BLACK.. Sounds like a funeral :/..
Oooo.. which business should i run???

"Being Adult Is A Bitch" - Priska Paramitha a.k.a HelloBello

0 comments:

Post a Comment