"Briefly explains where my life wants me to be. This is just me babbling. Welcome to my blog. This is Priska Paramitha speaking, btw."

Recent Posts

29 July 2009

A Story Behind The Bars

Today me and my boyfriend visit my friend at Lapas Klas II A Pemuda Tangerang (a jail which located in Tangerang). It was my first experience and it was terrifying. I look around and see nothing but prisoners families, a bunch of people wearing same shirts (prisoners), a lot of police, etc. My friend is a nice guy, he was just caught up in bad situation n time. He was smoking weed n i guess somebody called police so then he got arrested. That is one of my reasons why i don't do drugs. I don't want to be trapped in that situation.
First time i stepped my feet to that place, the one thing that came in my mind was "omg how can he survives this?". The building is very old but looks like it is still well taken care of, it also has a huge green gate that has a tiny door on it. I heard that it is one of Indonesia's first jails.

We wait in line with other people to get in and pay visit to prisoners. After the speaker called my boyfriend's name, we get in to the police's office to get our stuffs checked. After that, we can really go inside the jail to visit my friend.

My friend waved to us, it was really pleasant. I am really relieved that he's doing okay there. I want to hug him but i just can't. I want to cry but i just can't. He looks so skinny like he never ate, he always smiles to us although we know he's in pain. I bought him beef burger cos i assumed jail's food won't be good cos based on what i saw on tv it is just yucky.

On my way to my friend's work place in jail (prisoners have to work inside the jail), i feel uncomfortable. All prisoner's eyes set on me! OMG! It was like they want to eat me or something. My friend told us everything about the jail. He said "Here, there are so many different people. Look over there (he's pointing someone with his chin), he is a drug dealer. Others like murderers, rapers, and so on and so on, is also here. This is the second (or third, i kinda forgot) exile place". I feel like i want to faint.

So then i asked him if there's any prisoners that is sexually abused by other prisoners like what gossip said. Gossip also said that it maybe bcos all women and male's jail is separated so then they become homosexual or at least can be stimulated with others with the same sex. After i asked him that question, he said "Yeah, one prisoner does that and he's now being exiled to Nusa Kambangan (the WORST jail in Indonesia)". I shouldn't have asked that question.

"I'm counting my days", he said. He should be arrested for 10 months but with his good deeds, the judge decided to give out 2 months for him. It is a good thing. He will go out on September. Still 2 months and few days left. But imagining how is it like to be in there, i won't last a day. I believe, he will be a better person after he goes out from that place bcos i know he really is a good person actually.

After 1 hour, we shake our hands and said "goodbye, i'll see you then". He was leading us out to the gate, the farthest place he can go, and said "I want to see Mr. Big! Paul Gilbert will be playing! Shit!". Me and my boyfriend laughed and tease him "You should! oh it will be a great show! too bad ur here. We will send you the video, how's that?". We laughed together and for the last time saying goodbye and waving each other. I said "we will come back to visit you as soon as we get the time". I hope he's not feeling alone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment